Technology is playing a huge role in transforming things in the business world of this era of digitization.
The technology itself is changing with time and brings various marketing techniques like social media marketing, telemarketing for lead generation.
No matter how fast technology transforms, people return to the same ways of working in different ways, and therefore telemarketing has become so valuable just because the phone has always been the efficient method of lead generation in the world. the first days.
The first thing that comes to mind when we hear about Telemarketing is late night calls.
However, we all know that there is no other efficient one-to-one direct marketing approach than telemarketing.
In addition to generating sales, this method is also effective in data collection and lead generation.
Being in the technology marketing services industry, especially in the telemarketing sphere since the late 1970s, we have seen this industry evolve over time, which can even feel like a revolution.
Over time, we’ve been asking ourselves a lot of questions like “What to expect from this traditional method of telemarketing as part of tech marketing services as we head into 2018.”
The conventional telemarketing industry has evolved since the late 1970s, when it was first introduced to the marketing services industry.
During that period, telemarketing was very exciting as it provided an amazing return on investment and “call to contact” ratios were at a 20% mark. Instead of voice messages, IT managers preferred to answer phone calls and this resulted in innovative IT product launches.
At that time, advertising was something new in the business world, and marketers used unique techniques aimed at targeting new audiences in the market. Such methods had not been seen or heard of before. In other words, grabbing people’s attention and converting leads into sales became much easier with these methods, since the market was not as saturated during the period.
Another advantage is that IT inventions were unique, authentic and creative, propelling the industry forward in a way that had never been seen before. Telemarketers seized the opportunity to take a ride and made effective use of new and innovative technologies to deliver successful returns to their customers.
That time is considered the golden age and the pinnacle of success in this commission-based telemarketing industry.
This was the period when almost all successful salespeople had complete faith in their ideas, their skills, their way of doing business, and their ability to successfully connect with prospects and ultimately extract sales leads, which generated Great returns on your investments.
As we approach 2018, the biggest question is what to do next for telemarketing?
Have we reached a stage where methods are outdated?
Is it no longer the period of carrying out traditional marketing?
Does telemarketing still have a place in today’s marketing industry or are there new methods?
Today, salespeople and marketers are working smarter and harder to convince people to buy their products. To attract the attention of new and existing customers, marketers need to be extremely serious and hard-working; they can no longer take it lightly.
Technology has evolved over time and everyone can see the variations of all the themes, such as improved functionalities, advanced methods, and new versions compared to those of about 20 years ago.
Another thing marketers need to understand now is that customer expectations have changed, making it relatively more difficult to succeed in the outbound marketing industry. The “call to contact” ratio is at the 10% mark compared to the 20% mark during the year 1998.
To grow and succeed in the inbound marketing industry, your company’s principles must be very strong, and you will need to work smarter and harder, develop new methods, diversify, and innovate.
Successful marketing agencies now spend most of their time cleaning up databases and ensuring complete accuracy so that all personalized campaigns can become a hit.
This means that all other marketing agencies have to work harder to ensure the best results for their clients. Agencies can choose to Flag all contacts in their databases, which are on continuous voicemail, to ignore them and focus on those contacts who have the best chance of success.
The way businesses market and engage with potential customers has also undergone a transformation, with the growth of social media platforms. Right now, the marketing industry is completely unpredictable. No one should believe that social and digital channels are the only way out in today’s marketing world. The only thing that remains the same is the method of telemarketing as part of successful marketing campaigns. Done right, telemarketing can help you fuel growth and contribute to success.
The European Parliament has drafted the EUDPR (Data Protection Regulation) which suggests changes in data protection rules, which will affect the direct marketing industry. But if you follow the rules, there will be no problem and the telemarketing technique can be used without any problem.
A successful business will always want to use telemarketing as one of its marketing techniques. To use this method, each company must do the research correctly and distinguish who is there in the database and why they are there. Such companies should only connect with customers who are their potential target audience for marketing campaigns and should also respect when customers want to be removed from their database.
Being the owner of your business, make sure that your business along with your people are well behaved and remain credible. Your company’s reputation and membership in marketing associations will depend on your credibility.
From now on, each company will adopt advanced technologies to help its members to use the database correctly to give positive results to the clients. Every company must constantly update the information in the database to make good use of personalized marketing and connect with people when necessary. This will lead to a higher return on investment.
Whatever you think of telemarketing, there’s no denying its effectiveness in generating leads, and it’s a successful part of the marketing mix that involves email, direct mail, and other digital and social solutions.
Below are some of the most important benefits of applying Telemarketing as an effective marketing tool.
• Telemarketing provides a direct response: Through this marketing tool, you will get immediate results no matter what your goal is and whether you are able to generate immediate leads and sales. It will help provide a direct return on investment.
• Can work effectively with warm and cold lists: Every business can use telemarketing to get new customers, generate sales, and also generate leads with customers they have already contacted, or sell to existing customers.
• It is very flexible: Telemarketing is a flexible tool in the sense that you can get valuable feedback the moment you start making calls. You can use the valuable feedback to change or refine the procedure for fast and effective transformations.
• Works like a human: Experienced telemarketers have incredible listening and communication skills. Your message will be perfectly tailored to each specific customer, unlike other advertising channels or techniques. Telemarketing can easily be used to gather immediate information and feedback.
• Telemarketing can be easily measured: each and every call will give you some information on the basis of which you can decide what to do in the future. You’ll get all the information through this marketing tool when you want to distinguish how efficient your sales team is, how precise and accurate your contact information is, or what percentage of customers read your direct mail postcards.
• You can generate leads and open market data: The telemarketing technique will give you a great opportunity to learn and improve. By using all the essential information, you can fill in the necessary gaps in your process of acquiring knowledge about the telemarketing tool.
• Improves overall efficiency – This is very true, as telemarketing can improve other marketing efforts or techniques used by your company. This is very applicable for direct mail. Using the telemarketing tool just before using direct mail will help you identify your potential customers so you can drop all inappropriate contacts. By using inbound or outbound telemarketing right after direct mail, you can easily improve response rates, capitalize on interest, and also record valuable feedback on all the marketing materials you’ve sent. The same can be accomplished with any other direct marketing tool, such as email marketing, personal selling, or SMS marketing.
All things are taken into account about telemarketing…
2018 will certainly be more than a year where mainstream marketers continue to pull together all of their marketing tools, components, techniques, etc. to create an integrated marketing solution.