Do you have a problem with your Wii remote? Below is a guide on how to troubleshoot the most common Wii remote control problems.
1. Verify the functionality of the motion sensors by holding the remote control with the button side down. Now tap the side of the remote control button against the palm of your opposite hand, but remember to try not to use too much force when doing this. You can damage your remote control if you use it with too much force. Doing this doesn’t require a lot of force, so you don’t have to tap hard to see results.
2. If the above solution doesn’t work, during the game, you can try placing the remote control in a neutral position on a flat surface.
The remote control batteries drain quickly:
1. A new set of alkaline batteries should last up to 30 hours. Duration can depend on many factors, such as battery quality, battery age, type of game being played, remote speaker volume, and even noise.
2. If you are using rechargeable batteries, it is important to know that nickel metal hydride batteries are the only recommended batteries to use with your remote control. You must follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for safety and proper use. Failure to do so may void your warranty.
3. To save battery life, you can put your Wii in burn reduction mode. In burn reduction mode, the remote will go into sleep mode if the wii is turned off or after 5 minutes of inactivity. In most cases, this is the best solution to conserve your battery.
The remote control does not rumble
1. Verify that the remote controls power is not low by going to the HOME menu
2. Verify that the vibrate feature is ON in the Wii remote’s settings.
3. The remote control should vibrate slightly if you go to the Wii menu and point to the Wii button located in the lower left corner of the screen. You can do this to verify that the vibration function is working. If not, your remote may need repair.
Buttons are not responding:
You may want to check the game manual to see if the non-responsive buttons are actually used in the game, as some games do not use all the buttons or functions on the Wii.